Thursday, March 9, 2017

What in the Heck Were We Thinking?


    Mrs. Snarky and I have been watching Black Mirror on Netflix. If you haven't tried it already, give it a shot. Some of the episodes are a bit on the strange side, but if you stick with it, it's pretty solid. Anyway, the episode we watched tonight began in the 80's. The 80's were my decade. Graduated High School, went to college (for a little while), partied a lot, got married, and had kids. I started the 80's as a pimply faced kid with lots of hair, and ended them as a bald father of two. The years took a lot out of me I guess.

    We had some great movies - Back to the Future, The Princess Bride, and The Terminator - some movies that seemed great at the time - Footloose, The Goonies and Stripes (trust me, these movies have not aged well) - and some movies that have always sucked - Leonard Part 6, Ishtar, and anything with Michael Pare.
He was HUGE in Germany

    We also had.... some of the WORST music and fashion EVER!! Cyndi Lauper, Culture Club, Kim Carnes, Flock of Seagulls. UGH. It hurts my head just thinking about it.

  
If you've never seen this before, check it out. It's a trip.

    But what was worse was the hair. I haven't pulled out my old yearbooks lately, but I don't need to. The hair for both guys and girls was AWFUL! What's really sad is that I completely HATED the fact that my hair was curly and I couldn't get it to do this...

Wasn't he dreamy?

    Nope. I had to have an afro, unless I wanted dorky short hair. It wasn't easy being me. Don't worry. I'm better now, although me from back then probably wouldn't think so.

That's all for now.
With Love,
Mr. Snarky
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Snarky Comment to let us know you stopped by.