Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Voodoo Dolls and Sopranos and other nonsense

   

    Mr. Snarky would appreciate it if the person who has a Snarky voodoo doll would stop sticking the needles through its head. All day long, my head's been pounding. Pretty much ruined my day off. It's NOT stopping me from providing a quality blog post tonight though. I'm pushing through no matter what.

     I may have accidentally plagiarized one of my movie taglines the other day. I must've forgotten the scene from the Sopranos that I'll show below, but it was 100% unintentional. Unfortunately, it was not one of two that I decided to cut from my submission to The Onion Sports. Hopefully, they won't hold it against Mr. Snarky.

Oops
  
    I found some old raffle ticket stubs in my pocket today. Printed on them was, "Keep This Coupon." So, I put them back into my jacket. I'm compulsive about following directions.

     I went to DMV today. That sounds worse than it actually is. There are two DMV locations near Mr. Snarky. One is horribly crowded and takes about an hour to get your number called. The second was as crowded today as I've ever seen it. I was eleventh in line and it might've taken twenty minutes. Probably closer to fifteen. The reason I bring this up is... France. Paris, to be more precise. I'd always maintained that I had no interest in going to Paris until recently. After reading, "The Monuments Men," and learning more about the architecture and art and the Louvre, I decided that it might be worth checking out. Today, my old views were confirmed. 

    The gentleman helping me at the DMV counter was bilingual, speaking English and Spanish. We got to talking while he processed my paperwork and I said something about New Yorkers being rude. He said they have nothing on Paris, which wasn't a surprise. What got me was that he said they treated him wonderfully because he could speak Spanish as opposed to the other people with him on his school sponsored trip. So it's not Americans they have a problem with... just ones that speak English. So screw France. 

Oui. Or should I say non?




    I mean, I get it to an extent. I truly want to go to Rome. Before I do, I plan on at least learning some of the language. I don't expect to be fluent, but I want them to know that I at least tried to assimilate. Honestly though, I get non English speaking customers who live here in the U.S. and I'm not rude to them. I try to help them as much as possible. I'll probably change my mind when I get to travel to Europe. Being so close to that beauty will probably make it too much for me to resist. But for now, this is all I have to say to you Parisian snobs. PFFFFFFFTTTTTT!!!

That's all I have to say about that. 


Guess who




1 comment:

  1. I just looked at my stats page for this blog... I LOVE FRANCE! I was only joking. Keep reading this, you wonderful French people.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a Snarky Comment to let us know you stopped by.