Saturday, April 18, 2020

Inspirational Snarky



   
     If you've been following Mr. Snarky for long, you know he doesn't need much of an excuse to skip blogging, and much less of one to skip working on one of the zillion unfinished writing projects sitting on his hard drive. That's why it should come as no surprise that sitting around watching Netflix and Prime shows, and barely interacting with any other humans besides family, has not exactly been conducive to coming up with any snarky, funny posts.

Well WAY back in March, the answer to this question was:
Everything!

     Well, now that we've been stuck at home for weeks, watching shows has grown a little old. I'm down to only 6 hours a day now. Honestly though, it was pretty bad for a while. I'm not a binge watcher of any one show; I just watch one episode and then to switch to a different show, and then another. It's kind of the way my whole life has always been. I'm always running behind and never seem to finish much of anything, although I'm getting close to finishing Dexter. I hope it has an amazing finale!


Okay, I lied. I'm getting close to finishing it the 2nd time.


    Watching the news has never been a favorite pastime of Mr. Snarky's, but right now, it's even worse. I don't know how some of you watch/listen to that stuff all day long. I just can't. It's too depressing. I end up getting most of my news from the internet, or social media. I'm very careful not to believe everything there of course.



     The thing that's gotten me lately is the number of celebrity deaths. Every day on Social Media I see that one or two celebs have been died. Some have been corona related, and some not. And then I scroll and read about a 30 something nurse or doctor who died, and someone's grandmother who died alone, and it was depressing me even more. It should be depressing. Awful things are happening. So I stopped reading about it, and just hid away in my TV shows. And then, as I said, that got old. 

     A few days ago, I decided to buy a book that I've been wanting. It's called, The Wax Pack, by Brad Balukjian. As I said a few posts ago, one of the things I'm missing the most in this sort of post-apocalyptic world is Baseball. You can tell me there are WAY more important things in life right now, and you're right. It's an escape for me, and many of us are in dire need of some other form of escapism. However, that is not why I am bringing it up here, even though I heartily recommend you click the link and get yourself a copy. 

     The author, who by the way is a great follow on Twitter @waxpackbook, was at an Oakland A's game, remembering how he loved baseball cards when he was a kid, and decided to buy a pack from 1986, open it, track down every player inside, interview them, and write about it and the road trip he'd have to take to get it done. Right then and there, he just said, "That's it. I'm doing this!" And here we are, 5 or 6 years later, and due to a LOT of planning, hard work, and belief in himself, his idea is now a reality.


The Wax Pack©2020 by Brad Balukjian

Yes, I know I'm not being very Snarky today. Get over it.    
    So, what's your point, Mr. Snarky? Thanks for asking. I'll tell you. I've always been an idea man without enough follow through. I tend to get bored and move on to another project that never seems to get finished. However, the combination of seeing how uncertain life is these days and seeing this man's idea turn into a published work right before my eyes, (from a distance on Twitter, but still) has motivated me, inspired me, and excited me. 

     For about six months, or maybe more, I've been kicking around an idea for a television pilot. I truly think it has great potential. I've just been sitting on it though. True to form, I have lots of ideas for the show, and several of them written down, but not turned into a script. I've had most of my opening scene written for weeks, but that's all. I'm here to tell you, my friends, family, and whoever may happen to stumble upon this blog, that I'm done kicking it around. I am done thinking that it's (or I'm) not good enough. I'm writing this sucker and not stopping until I have something finished. I believe in this idea, and even if I don't become the next Vince Gilligan or Damon Lindelof, at least I'll know that I gave it my best.

    
That's it for now.
I'll be snarkier next time.
Unless I'm not.
It's my blog. Nyah!



Be Well.
Love, Snarky







   


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Snarky Comment to let us know you stopped by.