Sunday, March 12, 2017

This Blog Post Could Literally Save Your Life!



    Happy Daylight savings day! (excluding those in Arizona, Hawaii, portions of Indiana, and the rest of the world who, I'm guessing aren't stupid enough to implement this stupid time change every 6 months or so. Is there a limit on how long you can type in one set of parenthesis? I don't think there is) Did you know that the switch to daylight savings has been proven to increase traffic fatalities that Monday as compared to an average Monday? Also, the time switch back off daylight savings causes more fatalities that Sunday night? It seems crazy, but it's true. The Monday after (tomorrow morning for those of you still awake tonight) causing the accidents because we're so used to our schedule, we just can't seem to get to sleep a little earlier the night before and the Sunday night because, "Woo friggin' who!!! We get an extra hour tonight! Let's party down and crash our car and kill someone... maybe even ourselves! Yeah! We're so stupid!!!

 
All this because of 60 minutes difference? Humans can be pretty pathetic sometimes.





    Switching gears, did you know that getting married will help you live longer? Or not, depending on who you believe. I could go through and study it, but I don't really have time. I googled, "Do married men live longer than bachelors," and the first article says yes, while the second says no. The article that said no was from Psychology Today and written under a column called, "Living Single." Is it possible that Miss Living Single has a slight bias? That is a distinct possibility, but she seemed pretty confident in the half a paragraph I read on the subject. I guess the entire point of this paragraph is...

If honest Abe said it, it must be true.



    And finally, did you know that I searched through around 50 random Wikipedia articles and found absolutely nothing of interest to anyone that might be reading this post? I didn't think so... but now you know.

Tell me something I didn't know. In the comments I mean.

And drive safely. It's dangerous out there.

Snarky



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Snarky Comment to let us know you stopped by.